Hello and welcome to- OH GOD I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE PLEASE NO MORE FETCH QUESTS MARTIN. Okay, fine. After finding Mankrik's wife we've gotta run back through the Barrens and give him the bad news- she's nothing but a corpse.
Alright, for real now no more fake-outs I promise.
Martin wants me to find something else for him, this time it's a Welkynd stone, it's some rare stone or whatever. I'm not really sure what it does, there's no real information on them in game- that I've found- and I refuse to have to read a wiki to understand plot details. They should be made clear in the game. So, off I go again. For another “mystical” item that I'm told we need. Around here, if you had not guessed is where I start to get a little sick of playing Oblivion. It's not that It's bad, it's just monotonous.
I get to “ruin 31b” otherwise known as Miscarcand it's- once inside it looks just like every other Alyeid ruin in the game- but bigger. This is the exact reason I've never got further than this in the main quest line. It's so powerfully dull. Nothing of interest happens in these ruins, other than it's obnoxiously designed, extremely maze like classic Bethesda interior.
I killed the big bad here, an enemy I've been warned about, I'm told he's really powerful and guarding this stone with his life. However, he's an enemy I've been fighting for about 5 levels now- a lich- the only thing that's different about him is the name. I pick up the stone and leave as quickly as possible.
Martin tells me he needs one more thing, a great sigil stone. Getting this one won't be as easy (and hopefully as boring) as the last 3 items. As it turns out, to get one of these- I need to take it from an entrance to Oblivion- not any gate though, a great gate. The kind that the Mythic Dawn tried to open outside Bruma, the plan I've been working toward stopping. Ugh. The plan is to tell the countess we're going to let the Mythic Dawn Kvatch their town, so we can get a magick stone to open a portal to get a necklace. Oh yeah, she'll take it well.
Martin also wants to lead the attack on the great gate, so he's going to enter a pissing contest with me out of some misplaced sense of honour. It's a terrible idea, what if he bloody dies?!
Just as planned the countess takes it like a pro, at least I assumed she would of if I wasn't arrested the moment I went into Bruma... I don't even remember doing anything wrong, I'm like 70k deep in gold so I don't need to steal, I haven't murdered any innocent bystanders because they looked at me wrong. I'M INNOCENT.
After that little distraction, it's time to speak to the countess- for real this time.
![]() |
| The current contents of my coin purse. |

No comments:
Post a Comment