I wait around in the book store for Gwinas, the poor sod I nicked the pre-order from. If this guy was looking for the 3rd volume, it's logical to assume he's into this whole demon worship thing. So I bully him into telling me where I can get the 4th edition.
Time for a shady meeting. In the sewer. For a book.
I head into the sewer, and claim the book- after some murder, of course. Barus, much to my frustration survives and leaves for cloud ruler temple. The 4 books lead me to a grave in the Imperial city, that at a certain time lights up and reveals their secret base. Yeah, you read that right. No one, at all, has ever mentioned this. The Emperor never knew, neither did the guards, beggars, that guy from the quest I forget that only comes out AT NIGHT when the secret base map is revealed! Christ, if anyone paid the slightest bit of attention I could be happily rotting in my jail cell.
I get to the not so secret base, and I'm faced with a choice. Disarm, disrobe and give them everything I have that's awesome. Or, murder spree. So yeah, it's murderin' time Isrisuir is totally getting his kill on, also these guys killed the Emperor I guess they should die, or whatever. To provide you guys with a better idea of the quest, I'll describe what you're meant to do- opposed to what I did because it'll be more in line with cannon and it'll give me something to write about that isn't along the lines of “Everyone died, the end”
So, the player character is supposed to is enter the secret base under of the guise of wanting to join the Mythic Dawn. To do so, we have to hand in all our equipment and put on an Mythic Dawn robe. Now, if the player is a mage- this matters very little as they don't cut off your hands or cut out your tongue. We're lead further into the cave as we're told that Mankar Camoran, the leader of the cult, is here. A perfect opportunity to kill him off no? Well, sort of. You can attack him, but you can't kill him. So, we stand around and listen to him speech, after this he leaves. Leaving behind the “Mysterium Xarxes” our next McGuffin. Before I can get that though, the player is faced with another choice. We're tasked with killing- what we can assume is an innocent- as an initiation into the Mythic Dawn. However, this is a fake choice. Either way you'll be incurring the wrath of the Mythic Dawn, on a first play though this could come as quite a shock- on a second? Killing the sacrifice makes no sense what so ever.
However, my aforementioned plan of action was to kill absolutely everyone in the cave. No one was spared, not even the sacrifice. We can't read the book, it's full of funky symbols and the like. So the plan of action is to take it to cloud ruler temple, maybe martin can help. Before we do that though, there a few things I want to touch on. The first few brotherhood quests, the recommendation mage quests and a poor soul I met in my travels.
To unlock the ability to enchant my weapons, clothes and create my own spells I've taken up the mage guild recommendation quests. Something that I've been up to but haven't been writing about is the mage guild quests. In favour of time I've abstained from saying anything about them, I think. At this point I'm so far into the review that I may repeat some things I've said before. Even if I wasn't trying to keep this LP shortish I would still gloss over them, they're simply underwhelming. There's one quest that I will talk about, and that's the Bravil mage recommendation. I can't remember doing it before now, although I have. The quest marker lead me to another lizard lady, her friend is trapped in a dream. I need to break into his dream with a team of attractive people, namely Leonardo Dicaprio and rescue him. You're forced to go through a couple tests they're all very dull. One however, is very broken. You're tasked with walking over a path, certain parts of the path will do huge damage if you step on them- others will allow you safe passage. You need to do this 3 times, so it's pretty much like that scene in the last crusade times three. However, due to inexplicable distance you can jump it's stupidly easy to skip.
But that's not the mage quest. I don't know if this is a bug, or a requirement. But I wasn't allowed to ask for a recommendation until I did this quest. Once again, the recommendation itself was once again dull. Something about a staff, I really didn't care after I figured it was a fetch quest. After a couple pointless recommendation quest, I'm now tasked with heading to the arcane university to become a fully fledged mage, for, uh training? Despite the fact I could single handily kill everyone in there.
I can't remember any of this quest line, but for the sake of time I'm going to skip them all- I may not even play them. As a matter of fact, I'm most certainly not going to play any more of them and here's why.
I had just crafted my own spell & enchanted up the rest of my gear, I decided to loot the entire room for junk to sell (for some reason joining the guild entitles you to all their stuff) and I managed to pick up the ONE god damn item that they didn't want me to take, so I've accidentally stole from mages guild and now I have to collect 20 dragon tongues and Redwart flowers. Screw that, despite the bug that allows only one set of 20 to be turned in for the quest to be completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment