Wednesday, 19 June 2013

My new mouse: A Hobbits Journey

It's been about 2 weeks I think since I've ordered a new mouse, my 7 year Razer Viper had served me well- but it was time to put him to sleep. When my new mouse first arrived, it didn't work particulary well. The buttons worked, but the pointer did not. After roughly a week of frustrations, searching for drivers, checking years old forum posts, even re-installing windows I finally thought that perhaps its the mouse. So, I booted up a Linux liveCD and tried the mouse there. Same issue. So, it was either my PC just not liking this particular mouse, or the mouse was faulty. So, my first plan was to contact amazon and just get a monetary refund & save up for a new Razer of some description. That, however, would be too easy. My credit card was refused constantly for 2 days. they just wouldn't pay me back. After the third day of white hot rage I decided I'd just take my chances and replace the mouse- and despite all my rage, it was seemingly washed away. The replacement worked.

I've always been playing quite a lot of Skyrim, I've completed the main story of both the DLC's (I'll need to start another character to experience the Dawnguard fully though) and played around with dumping lots of my gold into Hearthfire. I don't really want to get into to talking about Skyrim as a game at the minute, so I'm just going to say that it's just a fun as I remember it and the new content certainly adds even more stuff to do on top of a game that was already overflowing with ways to waste your time.

Now, with new mouse in hand, I can finally go play some League of Legends.

No comments:

Post a Comment