Saturday, 13 September 2014

Fable Anniversary

Repeat for infinite money



I've been burned before Molyneux. Fable 2 hurt me in ways I didn't know I could be hurt, 3 had me screaming "STOP PLEASE. HE'S ALREADY DEAD" Fable 2 & 3 were games I wanted to like, I tried to like them. It's a strange feeling to want to like something but not be able to. It's like giving that one friend a chance to prove they aren't a complete ween, only to be proven wrong over and over again- yet some how you can't stop thinking that maybe this time'll be different. I find myself feeling this again.

I've recently purchased Fable Anniversary (With all the DLC because I'm a fucking mug) in the hopes that I can reignite my passion and love for a series that just got too hard to enjoy. I've tried to play Fable on the original Xbox a few times since my original tiff with it. Every single time I've been defeated due to terrible loading times, awkward menus and radically fluctuating difficulty. Yet, I keep coming back. It's a charming game. It really is, and it reflects my homeland of England almost perfectly. Right down to the monsters and giant killer FUCKING bees. I'm hopeful, that when I get home from work tonight (I've taken to doing less work and more not work tonight it seems) I'll give it a go, maybe after I have a little sleepy. I seriously hope that improved graphics, loading times and a better menu can reignite my love for a game that "got me into" RPG's

Maybe I'll make Devyn play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment