Fallout 4 is the best Fallout since they've moved onto 3D. The changes are all positive ones, removing the skill system is a shame - it makes the game less RPG-ish. It's improved in so many other areas that losing the skill system doesn't hurt it as a game, it hurts it as an RPG - but that doesn't make the experience any less enjoyable. All the Fallout trademarks are still there, it has brilliant writing, the main story is pretty interesting and you're largely rewarded for exploration. The voiced protagonists aren't a problem - they're voiced well. Sadly, it does mean the dialogue is less varied. I've still got so much more exploring to do in the wasteland, and if the DLC is anywhere near the calibre of old world blues then I'll lose my God damned mind.
It does have it shortcomings, if only because I want the existing features to be improved. My only major concern is that I hope the next instalment, if we get one, doesn't drift further and further away from an RPG and become more shooter orientated. There's also the standard laundry list of problems that plague these huge open world games in general, and the quest breaking bugs are coming out in full force this time round.
If you haven't got it, I would super recommend.
No comments:
Post a Comment