Friday, 18 September 2015

For the YouTube series I've lost before

So, as of the time this is posted I've currently got something like 3 YouTube lets plays currently running, the first being  the telltale walking dead series, the first season being recorded on a potato. The trouble with this series, and the reason it never went anywhere was mainly due to the fact I played too far ahead, I've played through to the final episode of series 2 at this point. And yes, lots of people do lets plays of games they've completed a million times, but I don't think the telltale walking dead gets better the more you play it. The more you play that game the more you see how little our choices impact the world around you. This makes for a very hollow second or third play through and I just don't have enough to say about the game to make up for it. I don't expect to carry this series  on.

Onto the more recent play throughs, both dark souls 2 and resident evil 4 are projects I'd like to continue. I've always enjoyed sharing games with a friend, and watching someone play dark when they haven't before is pure joy. But, and it's a big but, both of our work schedules and free time in our personal life need to be in sync to record an episode. That plus the time required to edit, render and upload need to also be factored in. I don't want to say those two are over, but it's very possible they won't be seeing the light of day again.

I won't remove these videos from my channel, I'm not happy with some of the quality of the stuff but pretending I didn't make them is pointless. Hopefully I'll learn from these mistakes and get better mastering this video marlarky.


No comments:

Post a Comment